Quick Tips For Teachers/Staff
Please spend some time looking through your settings in your Zoom account. You may want to...
- Use the Waiting Room feature (turn it on) - this ensures that people can't join your meeting until you allow it.
Require a Password.
Turn off PRIVATE CHAT - keeps kids from chatting with each other privately during your session (I highly recommend doing this.)
Turn off screen and whiteboard sharing - you can always turn it back on once you've established "rules," etc.
TURN ON "remove uninvited participant" and/or "put participant on hold.
- DO NOT post your join link publicly, i.e. keep it within Google Classroom
- When possible, have a co-teacher involved to manage comments, muting, etc.)
- LOCK your meeting once all your students/participants have arrived.
- You may want to disable the ability to change one's name when entering a meeting (in settings), as you don't want the hassle of figuring out who is really who.
- If you boot someone out of a session, they will not be able to get back in.